Laura is available to assist groups, businesses and individuals to form corporate social responsibility positioning statements, community liaison strategies and social justice programing.
Laura Cattari has extensive experience in consulting, public speaking and workshops, as well as, media engagement. See the list bellow for a sampling of what she has been up to.
- July 19th 2011 Not all children created equal
- Sept 23rd 2011 Time to Increase Social Assistance Rates
- Urbancity Jan 2012 Occupying Hamilton
- Ward Boundary Review Process moves Forward
- Why we need to take back more than the night
- June 21st 2012 Ontario Project for Inter-clinic Community Organizing Forum: Organizing in an age of Austerity – Workshop leader: Tools and Strategies on how to organize
- June 7th 2012 Claiming and Enforcing the Right to an Adequate Standard of Living: Panelist
- Apr 26th 2012 Poor No More film and panel: Panelist
- March 9th 2012 McMaster Poverty Initiative: Analysing the Commissoner’s Interim Report for Social Assistance Reform
- July 4th 2011 Commissioners visit: Co-Moderator
- IWC – Women’s Story of Immigration and Settlement, Outreach Worker Communication Skills Program Development and Delivery
- Niagara Poverty Initiative – The Road to Empowerment – Program Development
Educational Guest Speaking and Mentoring:
- McMaster Medicine Professional Competencies
- Poverty and Homelessness, McMaster University
- DeMystifying Medicine: Neil Johnson’s lecture on Code Red video interview contribution from a patient’s perspective.
- Feb 7th 2012 Billy Kelly Show: Interim report on Social Assistance Reform
- Apr 27th 2012 Bold Change to SAR
- Apr 25th 2012 Bill Kelly Show: Ward Boundary Reform
- OCT 2cd 2012 In the Neighbourhood Talking about elimination of discretionary benefits and CSUMB
- Also Health Justice Radio Program
- Nov 22cd Episode Who deserves?
- Nov 21st 2012 Blog post video Reaction to Social Assistance Review
- FEB 28 2012 Episode Supporting the system
- For the Record: Vital Signs October 3rd, 2011
- For the Record: October 31st 2011 Why did poverty not play a bigger part in the last provincial election?
CHCH: Square Off
Newspaper & Online Media Coverage:
- The Spec
- March 19 2012 Laura’s Choice: Food or Family
- Nov 8th 2012 City votes for Temporary poverty Relief
- Nov 6th 2012 Hamilton woman’s teeth at stake in council decision
- June 25th 2012 Hamilton committee votes for ward boundary review